Soak up the cosy atmosphere of this character house with sub-tropical gardens. Clean, small, friendly and just 70 metres to the beach, bars and cafes and 5 minutes to the town centre. Relaxing balcony with sea views, 2 sun filled lounges with roaring fires in winter. Books, games and laundry. 3 well-equipped kitchens and BBQs. All rooms heated. Dorms with luggage lockers. FREE… WiFi, tea & coffee, off street parking, tennis and petanque, bag storage & tour bookings service. Well-travelled hosts: Nikki & Jake. (Bookings are made via our booking page, please add a note in the booking that you are a member or just give us a call or walk in with your membership, see you soon!)
Alongside the facilities and balcony with beautiful seaviews and seating area, the Mousetrap Backpackers provides you with the following amenities:
WiFi - Free 1 GB internet per day available throughout hostel.
Smoking - Smoking is only permitted in outdoor areas.
Kitchen - Three well equipped kitchens with free tea and coffee.
Laundry - Coin operated washing machines, dryer and washing lines available.
Storage - Free bag storage before check in and after check out.
Heating - Enjoy our roaring fires in our comfy lounges during those winter evenings and the heating in all rooms.
Tour Bookings - Helpful recommendations and free tour bookings with some discounts available.
BBQ - Enjoy a few drinks around the outdoor BBQ area whilst grilling your favourite foods.
Lounges - Two large comfortable lounges with warm fires in winter.
Parking - We have free off-street and on-street parking.
Tennis - Free entry for our guests to our local tennis court, free rackets and balls included.
Mousetrap Backpackers is located at 11 Kings Rd, Paihia, Bay of Islands. Some of the activities near this location are:
- Hole in the Rock boat tours with dolphin viewing and island stop-overs
- Swimming with dolphins
- Sailing trips around the Islands
- Fishing: snapper, kingfish and marlin
- Skydiving over the Bay of Islands
- Waitangi treaty grounds and culture show
- Ferry to Russell to visit the flagstaff hill, museums and long beach
- Mountain bike park
- Bike trails
- Walks (2 to 6 hours) Haruru falls, Opua and Russell
- Day trips to Cape Reinga with sandboarding
- Visiting the two largest Kauri forests in NZ
- Wineries, glow worm caves and hotsprings